Sunday, November 01, 2009

Tour Managers

While in Florida I had the idea to start a new portrait series. While I work mostly with bands, I wouldn't be able to do so a lot of the time if it weren't for the hardworking people who manage these bands on the road. Too often I feel that people lable tour managers as "jerks" for simply doing their job. They make a living making sure the band is all where they're supposed to be, at the venue, in the bus, as well as making sure the band gets paid and is kept safe. I've been meeting so many great tour managers lately that I feel they deserve their own series in my portfolio. In Fort Lauderdale I had the privilege to begin the series with Duncan and Courtney. Duncan was managing Hey Monday, and was cracking everyone up during our time shooting the band. Courtney on the other hand was someone I met this summer on Warped Tour while she was managing 3oh!3. Without her help there's no way the shoot with the band would have gone so smoothly. She's a badass and a fellow 6' lady, we're going to start a club or something.
Duncan and Courtney
CourtneyDuncan

No comments: