Monday, March 15, 2010

T-12 hours... oh and Mandatory Monday...

Twelve hours until I drive off into the unknown with Tom, Glen, Hannah, and Luga. Full car, good friends, good times... hopefully we don't kill each other.
I'm doing laundry, and pretending to pack my gear, but actually just eating a bowl of tofu and veggies while I check my email. Today was such a long day. I had to spend the great majority of it tied to my computer while I sent files across the country. I tried to leave once to go buy instant film for the trip and got a call right away and had to come home to resend something that got corrupted in transit. Sigh.
Yesterday was a totally fantastic shoot with Fi and Vi, a pair of comedians from England. We photographed them as American Pin Up girls, at Pollution Studios, and our shoot ended up with quite an audience! All the Pollution boys camped out on the couches with Fat Tire while we shot, it was so funny! Afterwards the boys made us some amazing vegan burritos with cactus, and sauteed veggies. A fantastic way to unwind after a long day. The photos all look great and I can't wait to get back from SxSW to edit them.
Speaking of SxSW I picked up 40 sheets of film for my Fuji instant camera for the trip. I'm really excited to see Austin and all the amazing bands and people that are out there. It's been so so so stressful getting everything ready for the trip that I don't think I ever really thought it would work out, but it did! I'm staying with Glen and Saint Motel, so there should be no shortage of ridiculous photos when I get back. I'll try to blog while I'm out there, but no promises.
See you in a week!

No comments: