Friday, August 25, 2006

Overpopulated areas fascinate me. I spent the last few days driving to and from Seattle with only one day in the city itself. Pretty amazing how many people can fit into it's borders. My mother said "There's so many people here, and I haven't seen a single one that looks happy." It was true no one was smiling, they were just going about their daily lives without paying attention to anyone or anything around them. Nothing seemed to be bringing joy to them. It was weird.

I had the chance to catch up with two dear old friends who I haven't seen for months and years in one case. I only got to spend three hours with Matt and Aaron but the time was really special even though we didn't do anything memorable. I miss my friends. I'm truely awful at keeping in touch with people I like, and my ability to keep in touch with people who've angered or lied to me in the past is even more appaling. I could try to rekindle some of those relationships but it's even more difficult when you find out that they haven't changed. They are still telling lies to get attention, and are hurting people. Why bother with them? Good friends, I wish I had more like these.

No comments: