Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What goes in this space?

At some point tonight while watching Blink 182, I think it was during Man Overboard, I was slapped hard by the insane amount my life has changed since moving to LA. If anyone had told me 10 years ago, when I was photographing Jay, Pat, and John's little basement band for a fake Rolling Stone cover for art class, that I'd be standing where I was tonight, I would have laughed in their face. A little extra effort goes a long way, and I'm really happy that I avoided slacking off in school. I'm happy I drove those extra hours around California to make connections with every band I could. I'm amazed every day I'm down here how fast life moves. I honestly can't believe it's been nearly a year already. It's been the hardest yet most rewarding year of my life. I wanted to give up so many times, but didn't because life is a rollercoaster, and it always puts you back on the ground safely. I'm looking forward to finally going home for a while to enjoy being in Montana. I'm making this trip a vacation even though I'm working for most of it. It's going to be fun work, and going out on Warped with Byron and Hide & Seek will be such a blast. I can't wait to meet even more amazing people, and see more amazing places. The next year is going to be an even bigger change, and I hope I'm ready for it!

2 comments:

Tyler McManus said...

Hard work pays off yo. Hope to see you soon!

jwaller96 said...

You've earned it!