Monday, December 21, 2009

Last Minute iTunes gift suggestions

So it's Christmas on Friday and you forgot to get that special someone something special. Oh and they live across the country. Oh and you only have about $10 to spend. Crap. What do you do? Well here are my top eight iTunes giftable album suggestions. Why only eight? Because I have to pack for my trip home to Montana... chah. This is also mildly biased towards bands I may have worked with... yeah.

8. Goodnight Sunrise- "Stop, Drop, and Roll"
This EP makes me smile. Perfect for anyone you know who loves a good pop song with a little heart. It's also less than five bucks so you can't go wrong!

7. The Jakes- "Shake my Hand"
Simply put this EP is completely infectious. Seven perfect little songs for your loved one's digital stocking. $6.93 is all this album costs and I recommend it to anyone who loves a good indie rock pop song as much as I do.

6. This Providence- "Who are you Now?"
Who doesn't like dreamy tracks sung with an Aussie lilt? Buy this for your ex girlfriend that dumped you. Maybe she'll get the message.

5. Astronautalis- "Pomegranate"
For the dignified indie rapper in all of us. I got this album when it came out and it still hasn't left heavy rotation in my iTunes player. Andy has a way with words and rhythm that I've never been able to put my finger on. Trust me, even if you don't think you like hip hop, you will LOVE this.

4.We the Kings- "Smile Kid"
If you're bundling a couple albums together you might as well pick up "Smile Kid" for the Goodnight Sunrise fan on your list. This album's catchy and intricate, and if you buy the special edition on iTunes you get a free music video!

3. The Used- "Artwork"
Crunchy, dirty, growling, mean... what else would you expect?

2.fun.- "Aim and Ignite"
The only band on this list I haven't photographed, but not for lack of trying. This album is perfect. Their live show is perfect. It's all just perfect! "Aim and Ignite" gives me faith in music being good again. More bands need to do this right here.

1. Saint Motel- "For Play"
It shouldn't surprise you that Saint Motel came in at #1 in this list... even though it wasn't really in any particular order until this point. This EP wins because it gives you THE MOST bang for your buck of any EP in iTunes history. How you ask? It's the first album ever to feature a music video for each song on the EP. So not only do you get six fantastic sexy songs to dance to, you get six visual treats to feast your eyes on. If you get one EP on this list get this one. Do it.

No comments: