Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A valid idea...

I'm seriously considering making "The economy sucks, LET'S TOUR!" my mantra in 2010. Thinking about it, well over 50% of my income goes to paying my rent and utilities each month. If I were on tour that wouldn't be an issue, I could reach as many bands as possible and just couch surf around the country. I guess I could get used to editing on my laptop, put my stuff in storage come March, and just skedaddle. Warped Tour is looking like a realistic probability this year, and I'm already planning on SxSW taking up a chunk of my life in March. In the fall there's a chance I'll be heading out with another tour to work on a book... sooo I guess the question is, why should I pay rent on somewhere I won't be?
Stay tuned crime fighters. I'll keep you posted. I'm currently hanging out in the resort location of the Salt Lake City airport because my flight home was canceled. It's not looking good for flying standby, so here's hoping some seats open up on Emily's flight to Helena.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

If your touring brings you through Appalachia, you can crash here! I probably won't cook for you, though, because I'm not very good at it.