Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today I photographed a band in the desert... with six strobes... and remote sensors... and they had swords.
My job rules.
Rian and I have decided to have a symbolic $50 that we pay each other to assist. Basically it's just going to get passed back and forth between us. He paid me $50 to do lights for I am the Ocean, and I paid him $50 today for The Syncope Threshold shoot. Today I used his battery, two extra strobes, and his kickass octabox diffuser. Renting all of that and paying an assistant would have cost easily $300. It pays to have a friend in the business.
We're talking about doing a lot of cool stuff together in the future... maybe trying to get an MSU kid an internship with us next summer for credit or something... keep your ears peeled kids.
Back to editing lightning. I get to say that and it's job related. Haha!

No comments: