Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm back and the weather is absolutely incredible! It's 72, sunny, and completely clear. I think I might go up to the Greek Observatory today and take some pictures of LA. I actually put on a hoodie and warm socks this morning because my house is freezing, then walked outside and burned up. It's really amazing how weather affects my mood. Or maybe it's palm trees. Palm trees make me ridiculously happy because the ones around my house look like they came from a Dr. Seuss book.
I might make an effort to explore the neighborhood a bit more on foot before the work starts pouring in next week. I ordered the Canon 16-35mmL 2.8 this morning along with a battery grip (of course batteries for the 5D are sold out everywhere!) and they should get here Friday. Then I'm going to break in that sweet lens at In Fear and Faith's CD release show at Chain Reaction with Lower D on Monday. Then I'm going to shoot Vogue's show with Run Doris Run at The Roxy on Wednesday. I've always wanted to shoot at The Roxy, it's got the best lights, and barely a red bulb to screw up exposure! Excited, so excited.
Our mailbox was overflowing last night when I got home. Of course most of it is shredable waste from the Student Assistance Foundation for the three of us. I'm hoping that this tasty americano from Intelligentsia motivates me to clean my room, or the rest of the house which was left pretty trashed.
Welcome home Megan!

No comments: