Thursday, March 19, 2009


Hide & Seek's new linky thing is neat...
Anyhoo, it's over and I'm sad. Goodnight Sunrise left this morning for Fullerton and beyond. Sunday was an incredible time at The Roxy, Monday was a fun night of social time off and then Tuesday and Wednesday were the greatest longest days ever! Tuesday was the Palm Springs show at Ignition. We left three hours earlier than we thought we needed so that we'd have time to shoot some promos at the Windmills, and grab some lunch at John and Judeah's house. Wrong. I got stuck in a two lane bottleneck for two hours and just barely got to the show with enough time to throw up merch and catch Bidwell. Matty cruised with us and jumped out of the van on the first drive past the venue just to get to the stage in time. Drummers are important you know. The show was a blast, and then we smoked a little hookah action on the patio. It was watermellon, and GOD it was good! We loaded up and took on about four extras back to John and Judeah's house for some of the most amazing grub I've had in a long time. The Sleep District boys challenged Goodnight Sunrise to an epic game of beer pong with a myspace video bulletin as the wager. Goodnight Sunrise whooped my Sleepy D's, sorry guys, but it was a good game. The resulting video was pretty hilarious and will undoubtedly be circulated when those two bands blow up, and cause much future embarrassment. The Love You Long Time boys brought in OZ's vocoder and the party dissolved into an underground hip hop circle of awesome! We all passed out around 4 in the morning, and I was in charge of being Momma Thompson and waking all the boys up at 10 in the morning for a trip to Disney Land with the Lauras. The Lauras are a couple of AWESOME girls who make kick butt live videos for bands. Disney was as cool as I remembered from childhood, but I still haven't conquered my fear of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. We went on the rollercoaster over in California Adventure twice and on the second go around I lost my Powershot with all of my videos from the van ride and around the park. I was so bummed, but the awesome people at Lost and Found actually found the damn thing. I still can't believe it. It was such a fun day. Soon there will be a video update about it, but today I need to go and sleep. Until then check this video of the boys playing On Your Birthday in Palm Springs. We're making a music video!

No comments: