Thursday, October 02, 2008

I had a meeting with Vanessa over the "really huge" thing she wanted to talk about. Apparently she likes my work so much she wants me to reshoot pretty much her entire makeup book that's being published through Harper Collins. So this book that's going to print 20,000 copies minimum and be sold all over the world is going to have not just a couple photos by me, but about 90% will be me. That's not the half of it. She wants to contract me to do it through royalties and give me 20% of the revenue from the book. This week has been really insanely weird.
I also met the twins I'm shooting on Tuesday. They are the sweetest girls I've ever met. I'm really excited to work with them. We spent a good chunk of last night casting the male models for the background of the shoot. There were some really er... interesting submissions. There are a lot of weirdos in LA. Never underestimate that.
Even more exciting is that I finally got my pod back!!! I have a bed, and I'm not sleeping on the floor tonight! Boo ya! Goodnight Sunrise is on their way to LA right now. I got their package of Hide and Seek shirts in the mail today so I have two shoots to do in the next two days. I like being busy. I really really like being busy. It gives me less time to linger over how poor I am. Tomorrow we get internet! So that will pay for itself in saved revenue from buying the mandatory cup of coffee every time I need to check my e-mail. Good times.

No comments: