Saturday, January 31, 2009




Holy crap last night was awkward. In case there was any question, I am white. Really really white. REALLY REALLY WHITE and from MONTANA! Last night I got a job taking party pictures at some hip hop club. I did not know it was a hip hop club when I took the job, and I was pretty much the only white girl there. I felt like someone was just waiting for me to bust out the cabbage patch or the running man. No dice, just stood there, awkwardly, not trying to get in anyone's way and taking pictures of people who are apparently well known, but like I said I am whiter than white and had no idea who anyone was.
When I'm saying I'm whiter than white I mean it, and in a bad way. I listen to Indie rock music, I have no rhythm, I can't dance, and when some dude tells me he's waiting for his "artist" I assume he means tattoo artist, and ask to see his ink. He meant his rap artist... he's a manager... but he did have some cool tattoos... awkward.
The performers were really awesome, and something might come of it when they need pictures. Everyone was really nice,but 90% of the night, I just felt like the most awkward thing in the room. At the end of the night (1:30 or so) I made $50, zero dollars in tips, and had spent $30 on batteries for my backup magazine for the 5D MkII, and my ring flash, and $3 on parking. So I made $17, and learned I am in fact a white girl, and taking jobs off of Craigslist is a 50/50 chance.

A dramatization of how white I am...

No comments: