Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm currently obsessed with a little local band I found called Olin and the Moon. It's really great folky music, and I can't get enough of it. Just so happens that I went to high school way back when with one of the members. Small world. We both move to LA and he starts up an amazing band that I love. Go figure. Mom, Dad, and Amy, you would probably like this band a lot too. Their ambitious 13 song album, 40 Miles of Bad Road is on iTunes too.

The slow economy has been good for one thing. It's making me far more creative. My brain switched over from commercial back to fine art, and I've been shooting a lot of models for a new project I'm working on that's kind of similar to my last thesis. It's what the Phototherapists told me to do back in September, but I haven't had time to. Lucky for me there's Model Mayhem.com to search for people willing to work for free. So far I've been doing the composites of my friends who I can convince to take their shirts off and act out my little story. I guess right now it's kind of dealing of the fear of disappearing in this city, and fighting against becoming irrelevant every day. I'm pretty excited about working on it more. It is nice having something to work on to break up the constant job searching.
This is an image of my friend Kyle that's not quite finished, but figured I should post something...

No comments: