Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Open Letter to Photoshop...
Current mood: ashamed
Category: Romance and Relationships

Dear Photoshop,
Hey friend, how's it going? Things are good here. Listen I know we've been spending a lot of time together over the past couple months. It's been great! But I've been seeing a lot of stuff all over myspace that you've been with some other photographers. Don't get me wrong, I know this is supposed to be an open relationship, and you're free to do as you like with whoever. Well I guess what's been bugging me is just... well... you're giving photography a bad name. You're getting used, and spread all over town. You look sloppy out there! Come on, you used to be so classy and refined. You were like a fine whiskey that only tasted good if you babied it and warmed it over a flame. Now your high pass filter is all over the internet! You look cheap. Stop it. If I'm going to be seen with you I really need you to show a bit more restraint with your dodging and burning. With your saturation layers, and your gausian blur. Step it up a notch! You can be classy again. I mean look at what we've accomplised through our relationship. We were a golden couple in PDN for Adobe's sake!
I really hope you understand. I don't want this to jeapordize our beautiful relationship. I want to continue to work as a team baby, and not have to break up because you're cavorting all over the town with 17 year olds. Hold yourself to a higher standard. Until I hear back from you, I'll be with Wacom tablet, having a beer down the street. We miss you, and you're welcome to join us.
Love always,
Megan

1 comment:

Kevin Ludwig said...

all too true. I am beginning to hear "did you use photoshop!?" as a bad thing.