Saturday, January 10, 2009


Things to do in 2009:
1. Do a photoshoot in Skid Row (X)
2. Do a photoshoot with "hot chicks" (X)
3. Forget about my pledge to never photograph a band smoking (XX)

This is my favorite image from yesterday's shoot with my hairstylist's band. They don't have a name yet, but this is Dan Arnold. He also plays guitar and sings in A Static Lullaby. We shot at the Cecil Hotel in downtown and during the course of the shoot heard gunshots (fireworks?), heard a screaming fight from the floor below, and saw a cockroach. This was a non smoking room as well, but Dan didn't really seem to care. I have a policy never to shoot bands in scenarios that make smoking appear cool, but it really added to this shoot, and I didn't have much of a choice. He was smoking, and we had a limited amount of time to shoot so there ya go.
Still, this is totally going into my portfolio which I am finally printing and putting into a book today.

No comments: