Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm going to break down if 2009 keeps up this trend. For those not keeping track here's the shit timeline...
Last Thursday the 12th...
Shot with Raquel, then Photoshop started crashing for no reason. I equated this to be the fault of the new ram.
Saturday the 14th...
Took my computer to the Apple store to remedy the problems my Mac was having. It didn't work, so I backed up as much as I could and had Bassett clean sweep my computer.
Sunday the 15th...
I started to have trouble finding files I needed... then realized they were just plain gone. I thought they were only the Photoshopped images, and that I still had the raws so I'd be fine.
Monday the 16th...
Thought the images had to be somewhere. Then realized a lot of images were missing from several band promo albums. Albums that I ALWAYS back up. Always. Especially when my computer is acting up.
Tuesday the 17th...
Josh was here so I shuffled him around the town on no sleep for two days, and almost forgot about the shit show of my computer. I also learned in here that Goodnight Caulfield needs images by Friday for AP, and more images by Monday for Revolver.
Thursday the 19th...
Panic. Take my computer to a friend who is a programmer to run recovery software on my hard drive. High hopes. Come home to discover the screen of my laptop is screwed up like someone dropped it.
Today...
Sit down to re edit all of the promos that I had deleted to find that the raws were also deleted. A whole file gone. A whole file made up of all the images that were "keepers".
I want to die. This week has been so bad that I started taking my arthritis drugs because if this doesn't make it flare up nothing will. It all reminds me of finals in 2006 when I got that terrible eye infection, my car rolled out of the garage into a parked car, and my computer and external hard drives crashed simultaneously.

No comments: