Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This week has been crazy! Sunday I photographed my second cousin Laura, battled my computer all day, and felt generally like crap. Monday I trucked out to Palm Springs to visit my friends and fell asleep on the couch until 5am when we decided to drive home. Of course we got stuck in LA morning rush hour and didn't get back until almost 8am. I had a meeting with Avant at 12, and my friend Josh showed up at 1. Josh and I went out to Fullerton so he could get a tattoo from London last night. It was great to spend some time out there.
Today was bipolar. Josh and I woke up and had an amazingly wonderful breakfast of vegan eats at Green Leaf on Hillhurst, then bounced down to Amoeba Music. That store is AMAZING! You can honestly find any album, poster, vinyl, or t-shirt you could ever want. I can't believe it's taken me this long to go check it out. After we left we went down to the Natural History Museum to look at all the stuffed animals, birds, and fish. It was super fun and I always enjoy doing things that make me feel smarter in the end. We made it back to Silverlake and got some chai tea from Casbah. I popped into the liquor store where I found... DRUM ROLL... SPANISH PEAKS RASPBERRY HONEY ALE! It's seriously the first time I've found Montana beer in LA! I was so excited, and I'm totally going to be on the look out for more friendly black lab faces in the beer cases at Big Mac's.
After the beer win, we came home, and I sat down to e-mail some promos out to Goodnight Caulfield, which they need for a magazine article... and discovered them missing. So rather than freaking out I called Aaron from the band Abeline, who happens to be a computer science major, and I'm taking my iMac out to see him at school tomorrow where he's going to run some programs and try to pull any info out of my hard drive. God I hope they aren't gone forever. That was so much work! I've spent most of this evening booking more work for March, and working out details for next weeks Avant shoot, and another Avant shoot in March the week I get back from Montana. There is no down time, that's for sure.
Tomorrow Josh leaves, then I take my computer in, edit as much as I can in a couple hours, go meet up with my friend Kyle who is in town from Billings, and go to Bidwell and Vogue's show at Chain. Friday should be fairly mellow... I might go see Murder by Death as a chill out present to myself, but only if I can find a concert buddy. Saturday I think I'm booked to shoot a show in Barstow, and then Saturday I'm shooting London's band's promos before going to see Lorene Drive at Slide Bar. Next week my friend Andy flies in for a conference, and then I think my head is going to explode. If not Lorene Drive and Vogue are playing at the Knitting Factory on Thursday, and a couple of bands wanted to meet me there to talk about booking shoots.
Here's a couple of pictures of London tattooing Josh, the final awesome fern tattoo, and a little video because my camera can.


No comments: