Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's done. I'm moved into my new house, sleeping on the floor, and trying to find fun and new ways to eat food without utensils. We don't have internet yet though. This might quell my addiction which is good. I'm staked out at my new favorite coffee shop, which is 3 blocks from my house. They have the most amazing espresso! Of course anything would taste like heaven after living off of Starbucks for 3 weeks. I actually applied for a job here, so we'll see what happens.
I have a busy week ahead of me. Tomorrow I'm photographing a Countess of Austria, and Tuesday is Norwegian twins at the pool day. Tomorrow might turn into a duel shoot with a male model too which would be cool. More money less problems! Wednesday my pod comes and I will no longer have to sleep on the floor! Despite being floor bound I slept a solid 11 hours last night. I never sleep that much, it was amazing. I'm rereading Invisible Monsters because seeing Choke made me want to literally choke whoever destroyed the book with that screenplay. If you haven't read the book, see the movie. If you have... avoid it until you've forgotten what you've read or it will just make you angry. Lyle and I were upset, everyone else loved it.
My friend Mike gets back today from his 3 week journey to Boston and the drive back. I'm excited just to have someone else to hang out with. I refuse to fall into the trap of not making new friends here. So far I'm winning.
Oh next to this coffee shop there's a wine and cheese shop that has the most insane fresh baked bread. It's awesome and I can't wait to have enough money to actually buy something there!
Also LA is funny in the fact that there are as many American Apparel stores here as there are Starbucks or so it seems. Every borough has one. There's one or two in Hollywood, one in Little Tokyo, one in Silverlake, and we have ours in Sunset Junction. It makes me laugh. I do like how small this city can feel. You can basically make it whatever you want. Our neighborhood is really safe and walking distance to everything. It's nice. Once I have my bike back I'm going to spend a good two days just exploring the town on the metro. It's awesome that you can bring your bike on with you. My goal is to not have to drive unless I'm feeling super lazy. Mike doesn't have a car, so I'm going to have him show me the ropes.
This is turning into a really long post. But I have nothing else to do today until Cinespace tonight. I should see if that's within walking distance...

No comments: