Monday, September 08, 2008

LA is awesome.
Last night I got to go to a club to photograph an AMAZING band called The Devil's Orchestra. Check them out. The show was a complete trip! While they played a graffiti artist painted a mural next to the stage, there was a dance DJ in the next room, and the third room contained a trio of guys mixing beats while one played a harp! It was so much fun! Here are some photos of The Devil's Orchestra that I really enjoy...




Funny small world story... Elmo, the drummer from The Devil's Orchestra, used to drum for a band called Never Heard of It. They were on Warped Tour in 2003 when I met them for the first time. That fall I went back to school in Missouri and had a radio show with my friend Leah. She and I went to see and interview Bowling for Soup, and NHOI was opening. I went up to Elmo and he remembered me from the Bozeman Warped Tour. He was really surprised to see me in St Louis, and we interviewed a bunch of the guys for our show. Three days later I broke my ankle in a riding accident and came to MSU. That spring break I went to Seattle to visit my sister and NHOI were playing a show so I went. They flipped out that I was now in Washington, and I had to explain why I was all over the country. I hung out with them for a good portion of the evening before having to leave. Fast forward to a month ago. I e-mailed Elmo to let him know I was moving down to LA, and he told me about his new band and wanted me to photograph them. So last night I finally got to. Just goes to show you how small the world can be sometimes.
Here's a really old one of me with NHOI in Seattle. Elmo's the drunk one on the left.

No comments: