Monday, April 13, 2009

As a new rule I'm trying to make my blog more insightful so that maybe somewhere someone will actually want to read it. (Hi mom!) So less, "OMG whooooooaaaa" moments, more sounding like I'm not an illiterate fucktard.
In a separate effort to no longer be poor I started looking at my bank statements to see what sort of automatic charges I had on there. Found my lovely PhotoServe account. This bank drain has been with me since before I left Bozeman and I had high hopes that being a part of this "elite" community of photographers might put me in touch with the rich and famous, or at least get me a job. Wrong. I've been spending about $800 a year, I've been featured on the site several times, and in e-mails to creative executives, and not one single job has come of it. I am enjoying my free subscription to PDN though. I was thinking about this "email to creatives" that they send out so frequently. Who is to say that that e-mail isn't the same as spam is to us? I wonder who these "creatives" are...
Anyway today I e-mailed my... broker?... liaison?... Jeanne, the person who is in charge of my account, asking when my next payment is due. Maybe if she feels like I'm going to leave they'll get me a job. Probably not, but hey, I'm going to save about $200 every three months. Go me! I win. Stick it to the man and all that.
Tomorrow I'm going to write another "how to not be a crappy photographer" blog so stay tuned. Maybe I'll even learn something from myself and then those "creatives" will come a runnin'!

1 comment:

Shane said...

I read your blog fairly often.

It is good.