Saturday, May 02, 2009

Ahh Saturday night. In case you were unaware by my absence, but I've been busy this week. Justin pointed out my absence, so this entry is for you Justin. I love proof that people read this blog by the way...
Where was I? Oh yes, Saturday night. In front of me sits a cold fresh can of Tecate cerveza, an empty cereal bowl, and four hundred bucks in cold, hard, cash from today's photoshoot. Second shoot this week in the desert. I have decided that while desert photos ALWAYS look cool, I need to find a closer desert. Driving an hour each way to the middle of nowhere is not conducive to getting more than one thing done in a day. Also, I realized that Lorin from Blackhounds stole my sunglasses thinking we'd see eachother again before they left. We did not see eachother again, and now I have another thing on my list of things to get/ buy before leaving LA on Monday. Need to get a oil change too... ugh. Why is trying to just leave town so expensive? I'd also like to give a big shout out to all the bands who wanted to book a shoot on this trip and then bailed three days before I leave. Thanks! You're really helping me out right now. When you finally get down to LA and book a shoot you're getting a "jerk fee" added on, and no traveling discount. Even better are the bands who just aren't emailing me back to confirm... not cool guys. I can see you're reading my e-mails through the wonders of myspace, so just e-mail me back! Enough work venting though!

Last night I met up with the lovely gents from Breathe Carolinawhom I am photographing tomorrow, hopefully poolside. Still waiting on a callback about said pool. Should be insanely fun, those guys are honestly a couple of the nicest dudes ever. Also doing a shoot with only two bandmembers will be refreshing, and I'll be able to light the crap out of it relatively easily. The shoot is for Umbrella Clothing, and I'm going to be working with them a lot in the coming month or so, so be on the look out for some insanity that borders on me completely selling out my morals to pay rent. WOO! This will also be the first shoot where I blast champagne... wish me luck that I don't get hit in the eye with a cork.

I feel completely sandy and icky right now. I'm going to finish this well deserved beer, take a hot shower, make some calls, and sit down to edit until my fingers bleed. Should be fun!

No comments: